Thursday, October 08, 2009

Read the Bible in 90 Days - Day 4

In our journey through the Bible in 90 days, we have now completed the entire book of Genesis. Overall, one of the things that has stood out to me is God's infinite ability to make the first last and the last first. Never before have I noticed that so many times, God favored the one who should have been last. Jacob and Esau, Joseph and his brothers, Ephraim and Manasseh...

I began to think of all the times that I started out behind, yet the favor (blessing) of God brought me to the forefront... To GOD be the glory! So often, men don't understand your position and your authority as a child of God. Of course, having God's favor doesn't always mean you are the "best," but God has a way of giving increase to His children. He has a way of touching and fulfilling covenant promises to those that He favors. It's aweome!

Of course, the entire book of Genesis also humbles me simply because God goes through the miraculous just to restore relationship with His creation. Over and over and over again, He extends His hand of mercy. Over and over and over again, flesh fails! Man commits sin. Yet, our loving Father always has a plan to restore His children back to Himself. He always has compassion. Who wouldn't serve a God like this???

Finally, I will note that this journey is already blessing me tremendously. While I've read the Bible from cover to cover a few times, I've never done it in 90 days. The discipline for this journey literally feels like a fast, and I love it. My flesh is being weekened and disciplined, while my spirit continues to yearn for more. God is speaking so much and so clearly that I can barely contain myself. I love the Word of God, and this is sparking even more zeal and compassion. The Word of God is truly living, and I look forward to 86 more days! It's not too late to join in!

No comments: