Friday, July 18, 2008

What are you afraid of?

Last night, I was speaking with one of my "little sisters" in the LORD. God began to minister to her (and me) about how we often fear things He has not even called us to. The Word of God instructs us not to be anxious for tomorrow. It will certainly take care of itself. Yet, we spend so much time and energy worrying about what may come.

I'm reminded that as believers, our steps are ordered by God. So, how much do we really trust Him? Whether or not that trial comes tomorrow, do I believe that God has ordered my steps for whatever destiny may arise? So many of us are killing our own faith by expecting the negative in every situation. Oh, if only God's people knew the Father's heart toward us.

My prayer today is that God would help me to trust Him more. If only I can get past the worrying and just trust God. Whatever my destiny may be, if I am led of Him, it is allowed and ordained by He who will never leave nor forsake me. Oh, the comfort in knowing we belong to Him!

No comments: