Friday, November 02, 2007

This, I Recall... (A Response to "God, I Need...")

I thank God for the response to this poem. This was literally my prayer to Him at the beginning of the week. I realize that many are feeling the same way, and I am in prayer. I am also encouraged, knowing that God has not forsaken any of those called of Him.

One of my favorite scriptures is located in the Book of Lamentations. Jeremiah lamented before God. He was very open, honest and transparent about his feelings and concerns. Even in the midst of literal depression, Jeremiah had a revelation that I would like to share...

Lam 3:19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.
Lam 3:20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
Lam 3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
Lam 3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
Lam 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Jeremiah notes that his affliction and misery have caused him to be humbled. So often, in ministry, we feel like we are the focus ourselves. Though we've all heard it, it sometimes takes struggle to remind us that ministry IS NOT ABOUT US. It's for God's glory, for His will to be done in the earth.

The thing that blesses me most is the way Jeremiah pulls on his memories to find encouragement. He recalls to his mind all the things God has done on his behalf. He realizes that even in the midst of his mess, he was not consumed. God has a track record with him. The Father's credit is good. He is NOT a man, that He can lie. Every word He speaks SHALL accomplish the very thing it was sent to do. Jeremiah's own testimony reminds him of God's goodness.

Be encouraged, saints of God. Just like Jeremiah did, take a moment and RECALL TO YOUR MIND...

No comments: