Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Are You a Witness to Your Integrity?

Job 27:5-6
God forbid that I should justify you--saying you are right [in your accusations against me]; till I die, I will not put away my integrity from me.
My uprightness and my right standing with God I hold fast and will not let them go; my heart does not reproach me for any of my days and it shall not reproach me as long as I live.


I thank God for this season in my life and ministry. I have learned to simply commune with Him and receive His instruction. There are numerous rewards in just being real and transparent with God. People of God, I HAVE MADE MISTAKES in life and ministry. In fact, I've made LOTS of mistakes. Yet, I rejoice, because my Father corrected me (often through my leaders of the past and present). Now, even when others still dwell on my past, God has used those things as my footstool. Often, my Pastors quote the following:

"It's MY past, so YOU get over it!" I thank God that He has done just that. I am at a place in my life where I am truly able to rejoice in the face of persecution. I am not here to make friends or prove anything to anyone. I'm here to be used of God. Many may not agree with what I may say or do. Yet, I know the integrity within me. Only I know what God has said directly to me.

Job was in a place where everything he had was lost. Those closest to him searched for a reason to "justify" the trials he endured, and they accused him of sin. They made a profession, at least for some period of time, of trying to make a point using Job's trials. Do you not understand that there are others who are doing the same to you? As much as we may hate to admit it, not everyone is for us. Some are sent simply to discourage you. However, there are also sent ones to rebuke and correct. This is why it's so important to KNOW YOUR LEVEL OF INTEGRITY IN GOD. We must remain transparent before God.

We all know how to play church. Any of us can claim a level of anointing. We know how to quote Scriptures and share a testimony. However, only YOU know your true level of integrity in God (unless He sees fit to reveal it to another). Either way, YOU know. Too many try to make excuses and act like they don't - NOT SO!

I distinctly remember many occasions where FALSE accusations were made against me. Because I was taught "order," I literally apologized and took the "punishment" for those actions, though I never really commited them. I convinced myself that leadership or other Christians knew best, even when they were simply wrong. They used every Scripture possible to explain how the accusation was more "spiritual" than "literal", and I took the bait. Needless to say, after I took man's rebuke, God rebuked me. By taking the blame and agreeing to false accusations, I did two things:

1. Nullified the word of God, which states that every tongue rising against me in judgment shall fall (Isaiah 54:17);
2. Caused others to miss God by planting doubt in them concerning my own integrity and ability to hear from God.

So dangerous! Despite all the accusations against Job, he refused to repent for what he had not done. This was not an act of pride or conceit - it was protection for his integrity. It was a testimony of his holiness. Too often, we look for others to justify us and allow everyone to judge us. These things ought not be so.

Are you a witness to your integrity? Can you testify to your own relationship with God? Is your true testimony one of holiness and faithfulness unto our God? If so, walk in the victory and proclaim the TRUTH. Don't walk in "false humility" as one of my leaders once taught me. You are who God says you are, and others need to know.

Selah.

No comments: