Saturday, January 06, 2007

Unto Whom Have I Brought Dishonor?

Ps 69:6 Let not those who wait {and} hope {and} look for You, O Lord of hosts, be put to shame through me; let not those who seek {and} inquire for {and} require You [as their vital necessity] be brought to confusion {and} dishonor through me, O God of Israel.

I don't want to go to church. The people are mean. They will never accept me. Christians are all alike. They talk the talk, but never walk the walk. They have faith for everyone else, but they are pitiful themselves. They are ignorant and unsuccessful. They place their hope in lies.

I belong to a church, but my church family has hurt me. I don't believe that "children of God can be so cruel." I trust in God, but "church folks" have never helped me. They judge, but are too high and mighty to judge themselves.

I've heard it from the saint and the sinner alike. As I began to pray about the state of the Church, the Body of Christ, I had to ask God - please don't let me contribute to the dishonor of those who truly love You.

I began to realize that these feelings and opinions must come from somewhere, yet no one wants to take responsibility. "God, what have I done to dishonor those who follow you? What mistakes have I made that gave your people a bad name?" The Word tells us that men should see our GOOD WORKS, and then be drawn unto the Father. How many have seen my SINFUL WORKS and been turned away? We must ask God to show us ourselves. So many of us have forgotten that Christians should be known by their LOVE. Yes, love brings correction, but correction does not destroy the spirit of another. Who are we really fighting? When we engage in spiritual battle, who is really coming out with the scars? Selah.

No comments: