Saturday, August 13, 2011

SELAH Moments

Just a few short thoughts the LORD has given me to share over the last few weeks...



"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16). For the record... I am a PREACHER of the Gospel... I'm not a life coach, motivational speaker or entrepeneural guide... I preach the GOSPEL, plain and simple. If you are a preacher that will not compromise your message for a check or acceptance by the world, say AMEN. It's a NEW SEASON!!!

"“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (1 Cor 6:19-20). Praise and worship are completed with our spirits AND our bodies. Zip it up, strap it down, tuck it in... whatever we must to ensure God gets the glory...not our flesh! Remember, a "diva" is a demon! Look it up... It's a NEW SEASON!


"Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour" (Romans 13:7). Those who serve deserve our honour... We may not always agree, but that doesn't take away from what they are due. Enough said! It's a NEW SEASON!!!


"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners" (1 Corinthians 15:33). Be careful who and what you entertain... what you say AND what or who you listen to. It's a NEW SEASON!!!


"And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand" (Mark 3:24-25). Like it or not, we must work together. We agree that Jesus is Lord, so why can't we all just get along? Let's just lock arms and build the Kingdom. It's a NEW SEASON!


"Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord" (1 Cor 9:1-2). Let your ministry speak for you. It's God who ordains and vindicates. Do the work of the ministry and operate in the power of God... Don't sweat the "small" stuff. It's a NEW SEASON!!!


"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt 5:16). I am determined, TODAY, to do something that brings glory to the Father. People are watching us, so let's make Abba, Daddy proud! It's a NEW SEASON!!!


John 4:44 says, "For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country." I know that 'church hurt' is some of the worst hurt there is, but I still believe the sting of family aches deeper. Lord, help me with those I love, though they just don't understand. Help me with those who want to judge my every step, but refuse to yield to You. It hurts, but this time, I don't have time to slow down. It's a NEW SEASON!


People of God, be VERY careful about letting people who were NOT called to be who you are tell you how to be who you are. Godly counsel is always good, but you must know who you are in God. If the advisor were an expert, they would be doing this... not you. Be led of God and walk out the ministry God has assigned to you! It's a NEW SEASON!


Isaiah 6:8 "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Does anybody else feel God PUSHING? Time to get out of our comfort zones. Yes, Lord, I'll GO! It's a NEW SEASON!!!
 

No comments: