Monday, September 08, 2008

For this very purpose...

John 12
27 Now My soul is troubled and distressed, and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour [of trial and agony]? But it was for this very purpose that I have come to this hour [that I might undergo it]. 28 [Rather, I will say,] Father, glorify (honor and extol) Your [own] name! Then there came a voice out of heaven saying, I have already glorified it, and I will glorify it again.



Did you know that your purpose will bring you trouble? What are you dealing with today that is designed to bring God glory? We're not talking about the troubles we bring upon ourselves, but the true sacrifice we must give for the Gospel's sake. Have you really suffered to bring God glory? Did your "yes" include any and everything that will bring Him glory, despite your own pain and agony?

For many of us, these moments are few and far between. We speak often of suffering, without realizing that our current situation doesn't glorify God at all. Is He getting the glory? Does the testimony cause deliverance for others? Have you really suffered today?

Selah.

No comments: