Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's Time to Take Inventory

Have we forgotten REPENTANCE? The Father is grieved, because His gifts and callings are without repentance. For this reason, sin is exposed. The prophetic word is going forth. The apostolic correction is taking place, yet the fruit of repentance has rotted in the people of God.

Often, in the church, it is so easy to see the sins and shortcomings of everyone else, yet we fail to take the word and the revelation and compare OURSELVES to that which has been exposed. IT IS TIME TO TAKE INVENTORY.

Oftentimes, we feel that we are "safe" and holy because God allows us to see things in others. Not so. We must first be accountable for ourselves and remember that our operating in gifts and anointing is no complete indication of "safety" in the spirit realm. We are called to minister to others, yes, but we are responsible for our own souls as well.

Jam 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

We must be so careful to carry out the prophetic word and adhere to it just as we do the written word of God. In so many arenas, it's easy to IGNORE what God speaks. We quickly say "Amen" and consider the matter to be closed. No - has the word been applied to your life? Saying AMEN does not fix the matter - only REPENTANCE does that. God often reminds me, if the word was sent to me, it should do something IN me. It's not sent my way just for me to agree, but to take an inventory. EVERY word must be weighed and judged (1 Cor 14:27-32).

One thing I love about David is that he understood repentance. Though he'd committed every sin under the law, he was still said to be a man after God's own heart. He understood Godly sorrow. He never looked upon the sins of others while allowing his own to go unchecked, but he was COMPLETELY HONEST AND NAKED BEFORE GOD. So should we be as the called of God.

Psa 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psa 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Psa 51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psa 51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psa 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.


David allowed the judgment of God to bring correction. So often, we neglect to allow the word to CUT US, when it has the authority and power to do just that.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

We live in a time when everyone has a word and everyone claims to have revelation. Yet, sin is still rampant. A broken and contrite spirit are hard to find. I am called to bring a word unto God's people, but I am FIRST CALLED to keep myself sharpened, corrected and in line with the Word of God.

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

No comments: