Saturday, February 15, 2014

Back to What Matters...

"And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely yet have received, freely give."  ~ Matthew 10:7-8

My heart's desire is to fulfill the call on my life for TRUE ministry.  Quite honestly, as I examine the works of my hands, I'm still a bit short.  I have the preaching part down, but I want to do ALL Jesus commanded His disciples to do.  Healing the sick, cleansing diseases, raising the dead and casting out devils are also my responsibility.  I've experienced many of these things on occasion, but I should be so connected to God that these signs are always and consistently in operation.  I accept that responsibility and will obey by faith.

It's very scary... and also humbling to know that thee things CANNOT be done in my own strength and knowledge.  No number of conferences, summits, or meetings... No amount of schooling or money... No fancy suits or expensive shoes...  No number of Facebook friends or elite connections...  No gimmicks, tricks or entertainment...  Nothing but the power of God can fulfill God's purpose in us.

Humbled.  Joy is ready to stop trying and just allow God to use me.  Some won't like it... So be it...  Back to what matters...

No comments: