Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Thin Line...

2 Corinthians 6:16-18
"And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

We are often reminded that we are IN the world, but not OF this world.  We understand that we should not lust after or love the things of the world, making them an idol before God.

So many struggle with the fine line between enjoying a godly lifestyle, filled with the joy of the Holy Ghost and indulging in worldly culture and/or activities.  On the one extreme, some of us are led to believe that EVERYTHING outside of church or ministry is a sin or a spirit.  On the other hand, there are those who believe EVERYTHING is okay, as long as one professes to follow Christ.

So, how do we determine that proverbial line?  We don't.  God has already done so.  The standards are in His word, and when the line is unclear, the Holy Ghost directs us.  I know that millions of prophesies are stirring for 2014.  I'll just say this... I pray that in 2014, we'll see a greater reliance on being led by the Spirit of God, rather than people, preachers and/or public figures who set the "church culture" by making such determinations for others through media, books and mega-revivals.

People have lied, led me astray, disappointed me, stolen my joy...  God - never!  His word is always true.  His faithfulness and love are unwavering.  The Holy Ghost, who teaches ALL THINGS... He's my guide.

In short, what has God said directly to you?  If you can't hear Him, discern His heart and know His mind, you will never be satisfied.  Preachers are good - called of God as instruments, but a PERSONAL relationship is essential.  You can't build strong faith on hearsay.

ORDER IN THE CHURCH!

No comments: