Thursday, December 30, 2010

Seeking a Prophecy for the New Year?

The following are excerpts from journal entries over the last few years. The dates, however, have been updated, as the content is still needed and relevant…


From December, 2006… Stop worrying about the year – walk in your season!

Like many of you, I have read many prophecies concerning the new year, and I've probably heard even more. My Father and I had a long talk about this, and I asked God, what is it that I need to know for the next year? I've often felt "left out," because though God has been showing me things, I haven't had any huge revelation specifically for the new year. God spoke and said He has been speaking all year. "I am not ruled by your sense of time. Too many are seeking a word and a vision for the year. I am not concerned with years, but with seasons. Too many are looking for a change on January 1, but have not yet completed the assignments required to move into a new season."

My Father quickly reminded me that His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts. He showed me that the church is operating in spirit of divination and fortune-telling. Too many are concerned with giving a word for the new year, while people are dying in THIS season. A season, God reminded me, is not dependent on dates but on progression, growth and completion of purpose.

I know this is blunt, but I must be obedient in sharing this. We must stop trying to conjure up a word for the year. What is God saying TODAY?

God said, "Where were the seekers all year long?" How dare anyone give a word for the coming year when they have failed to communicate God's messages for the last 12 months! There is so much more I can add, but for now, this is all I feel led to share. Selah.


From December, 2009… Numbering Your Days

"So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom."
Psalm 90:12 (AMP)

This is the time of year where people around the world are making resolutions for the New Year. In the church, in particular, we must be very careful about allowing a date to dictate our sacrifice of worship. Too many of us are waiting for the latest prophecy or catchy cliché that will promise prosperity and change in the New Year. But, what about this year (2010)? What about all the prophecy and godly instruction we failed to complete during the last twelve months?

Unfortunately, there are still thousands of people around this globe that will never see January 1. For that reason, it's important to understand that NOW is the day of salvation. As people of God, we understand that God operates in seasons... not by our natural calendars. If we are currently in a season of disobedience, repentance is necessary before a change comes. It takes more than a mere change of date.

Let's resolve to savor every moment, with a readiness to repent and continue in Kingdom building TODAY, tomorrow and every day thereafter. There is no doubt in my mind that God will continue blessing us in 2011, but we don't have to wait for the new year in order to offer Him a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable, which is our reasonable service. Amen!

No comments: