Tuesday, March 30, 2010

He is My Refuge

Throughout the week, God has been speaking to me about the place of refuge. We understand that a place of refuge is a place of shelter and protection. It is a safe haven, a place where one can be strengthened and protected.


Psalm 46
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.


As people of God, we must learn to truly make God our place of refuge. Too often, we learn in church to run from God in the time of trouble rather than running to Him. The enemy is busy. He is doing His job and rising against the people of God. He is at war against the remnant. Unfortunately, he has been too successful in his primary attempt, which is to place a wedge between God and His people.

When a mistake is made, this is the moment to run to God. Allow nothing to keep you from His presence and repentance. RUN to the place of refuge. This is the perfect opportunity to take on the mind of Paul –


Philippians 3:12-14
12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


In this season, it is essential that we understand and know God as a source of refuge. There will be times when we are overtaken by weakness. Run to God! There will be occasions when we feel sad or defeated. Run to the Father!

When in the presence of our God, we have no reason to fear. Hallelujah!


Psalm 27
1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?


Refuge is nothing new to our God. Even in the days of old, He has always provided a place of escape for those who were weak and hunted by an enemy. Under the law, a man who accidentally murdered another had a place of escape - a place of refuge where his mistake would not make him susceptible to attack due to his mistake.

Our God is a just God. He knows that those who love Him will make mistakes. Yet, He rightly judges the heart. A true child of God knows that His love covers a multitude of sin. We need to learn to run to our source when we are troubled. That is not the time to be alone. It’s not the time to run from God, but to run TO Him!

Be encouraged in this season. Learn to run to the bosom of our God. He is your REFUGE!

Selah.

No comments: