Saturday, March 24, 2007

Would You Allow Me to Die at the Enemy's Hand?

Am I my brother's keeper?

Of course we are. The problem is that we have been deceived in our definition of "brother." Yes, the Body of Christ has been fooled into thinking that everyone who attends church and sits on a pew beside us is our brother or sister. God has really been dealing with me about this. Where is the discernment in this hour? Many of us are walking in agreement with one who would literally allow us to die at the enemy's hand, thinking they are equipped enough to battle alongside of us.

Joyce Meyer said something that is so simple, yet so true. She said, "Just because people sit in church all day, we believe they are Christians. If I sit in a garage all day, does that make me a car?" Ahhh... Who are you walking with? Do you really know those who labor among you, or are you making assumptions based on your atmosphere?

Do you really know your brothers and your sisters? Can you really identify those who belong to the Father?

CORRECTION is something that needs to come from family. Why? If correction comes from one outside the family of God, there must be an ungodly motive. Therefore, when that correction comes, the spirit man is weakened. Boldness is lost. Plus, the person receiving is hardened and therefore unable to take correction from those who mean them well.

When correction comes from a true brother or sister in Christ, however, operating as instructed by the Father, it brings growth. It brings increase. I am disturbed because BASTARD CHILDREN in the "church" have hurt the true saints to the point that the real brothers and sisters are afraid to sow into their lives. Boldness has been sacrificed. Those who do not really have God as their Father have a voice that is entirely too strong.

REAL MEN AND WOMEN OF GOD, it's time for us to stand up. We should see what God sees, hear what He hears, and feel the way He feels. THEN, IT MUST BE SPOKEN. When we withhold correction, blood is on our hands. I told God that I'm tired of having the blood on my hands of those I don't even like. In some cases, I barely even know them. Yet, the blood is there because I'm constantly calling those "brothers and sisters" who are bastards in the church. True salvation, true holiness, consecration - all gone out the window, because we try to make people feel as though they belong, knowing that they don't. God never said we should adopt nor trust sin! NO MORE!

I want to be a TRUE sister in Christ, one who will not allow my brother or sister to die at the hands of the enemy. I must step up and warn those who are in sin. I must walk in boldness and speak a word of correction when it is necessary. I'm realizing that it's better for me to kill the sin in another than to have the enemy kill their spirit.

In the same manner, I want this from the Body. Are you truly my brother or my sister? If so, kill the flesh when you see it rise in me. YOU rebuke me before the enemy attacks and claims a victory.

Jdg 9:53 And a certain woman cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to brake his skull.
Jdg 9:54 Then he called hastily unto the young man his armourbearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and slay me, that men say not of me, A woman slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died.

1Sa 31:3 And the battle went sore against Saul, and the archers hit him; and he was sore wounded of the archers.
1Sa 31:4 Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
1Sa 31:5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him.

I noticed a key thing in these Scriptures. In both cases, the men would rather have been killed by those that walked with them than to have the enemy claim the victory. Hmmm.... There are some things in me that must die. I'd rather those who walk with me (as true children of God) kill them, than allowing the enemy to bring death because of my weakness. In like manner, I believe it's my duty and responsibility to do the same for those I follow and fellowship with. No matter what the cost, I don't want anyone to die at the enemy's hand while on my watch. I'd rather help you die daily, as Paul did, than watch you die one painful defeat at the hand of satan.

God chastises those He loves. What about his children? Do you really love those with whom you fellowship? When was the last time you gave or received godly, encouraging correction? Selah.

No comments: