Saturday, October 14, 2006

Finding God in the Strangest Places

Alone

But comforted by Your presence
Enthralled by Your holy essence
Reading Your Word, receiving Your presents


Quiet

But yet You speak so clearly
With my distractions, Father I nearly
Missed hearing Your voice, so dearly


Dark

With my eyes, I see no light
But in the Spirit I share Your plight
As your people do wrong, forsaking what’s right


Deep

In a whole and can’t get out
But You are with me, there’s no doubt
Supplying my needs, I’ve no need to pout


Alone

Quiet

Dark

Deep


Yet...
I feel You now
I hear You now
I see You now
I can reach You now


Hmmm...
Funny how that works, Father
No flesh, No noise, No natural sight, No surface revelation
Brings
Godly compassion, A prophetic ear, Spiritual revelation, A supernatural touch

Perhaps I should "get away" more often!

No comments: