Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Call for Prayer and Sobriety

Last week, the Lord showed me a vision of a large red horse. It stood about as tall as a 2-story building. The horse began running through the streets where there were children playing. As he ran, he would violently butt the children with his nose, immediately causing death to every one in his path.

The Lord gave me some revelation on the vision, and led me to the following Scripture:

Rev 6:4 And another horse came out, flaming red. And its rider was empowered to take the peace from the earth, so that men slaughtered one another; and he was given a huge sword.

The Lord showed me that a new level of violence is breaking forth in this nation, and that our children will be the first victims. Over the last week, I have grieved and cried, listening to all the violence taking place against the babies of this land. School shooting and abductions are outrageous. This is only the beginning.

I am not claiming that we are in this phase of Revelation, necessarily. I honestly don't know if we are or not. I only know what God has shown me, and that I must share it. Many have spoken of a season of lack as well, and the Lord has confirmed this season to come following one of senseless violence.

Rev 6:5 When He broke open the third seal, I heard the third living creature call out, Come {and look} ! And I saw, and behold, a black horse, and in his hand the rider had a pair of scales (a balance).

Rev 6:6 And I heard what seemed to be a voice from the midst of the four living creatures, saying, A quart of wheat for a denarius [a whole day's wages], and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not harm the oil and the wine! [II Kings 6:25.]

The Church must prepare. This is not the time to be weak and emotional, but a season to be girded in prayer and fasting. Many will suffer loss and tragedy, but God's people must remain firm. The faith of many will be challenge, and many will fall away, feeling that God has forsaken them. Do not be caught unaware. Do not be surprised at the things to come. Know also that we are in the season - it is not afar off, but now. Be alert and vigilant. Hide in God.

No comments: