Saturday, June 10, 2006

What Honor Have I Received?

I must be transparent and open in this - God has been dealing with me about being a "people-pleaser." Yes, I've always had one of those soft, compassionate personalities - one where I want everyone to be happy and be at peace, as much as possible. Yet, God is bringing me to a new level a maturity in this.

Religion has taught many of us to be at peace at all times...refrain from stirring the waters and causing strife. To some point this is good advice, yet we are in a season where the enemy must be exposed. This means some will get mad. Some will not like me. Many will slander my name and threaten my well-being. Yet, God's judgment must come forth. His heart must be communcated to His people. This is not a season to be popular or well-liked. It is a season to be favored of the Father rathen than man.

John 5:44 How is it possible for you to believe [how can you learn to believe], you who [are content to seek and] receive praise {and} honor {and} glory from one another, and yet do not seek the praise {and} honor {and} glory which come from Him Who alone is God?

Again, I must be transparent. God has rebuked me many times for getting so upset when people don't receive me. The Lord had to remind me..."They are not rejecting you, but they are rejecting Me, your Father." None of us are above correction and rebuke, but be encouraged. If you KNOW you hear the Father and are working according to His will, EXPECT FRICTION. Even in the Body, there are many who will doubt.

Too many have ministries that are highly esteemed by men. Yet, the leaders don't hear the voice of God. They cannot discern spirits. They are not in tune to God's plan. Are we to expect these who walk in darkness to lead the Body into all truth? God forbid.

We must learn to trust that God that lies within us. We must learn to understand our gifts and use them for the Body. It is not about us, but the Kingdom. It's all about pleasing the Father. Let God be true, and every man a liar.

No comments: