Thursday, June 22, 2006

Access to the Source

Mark 5 (AMP)
27 She had heard the reports concerning Jesus, and she came up behind Him in the throng and touched His garment, 28 For she kept saying, If I only touch His garments, I shall be restored to health. 29 And immediately her flow of blood was dried up at the source, and [ suddenly] she felt in her body that she was healed of her [distressing] ailment.



As I was meditating on this very familiar passage of Scripture, the Lord began speaking to me about the state of the Church. So often, we are looking for God to make cosmetic "fixes" in our lives, yet we neglect to grant Him access to the source of our ailments - the root of our problems. This woman with the issue of blood suffered from a hemorrhage, yet this was only the end result of a larger, medical problem, which could be be accessed by the doctors. Because of her faith, not only was the flow of blood stopped, but it ceased FROM THE SOURCE.

How many times do our prayers request only cosmetic evaluation and change? Hmmm.... Yes, I'm guilty. "God, help me pay the gas bill. Father, please help me to lose weight." Instead of asking God to heal the source, I only want Him to deal with the end result. Ahhh... When will we begin to look at ourselves and believe God to heal the source? Yes, instead of praying for rent money, some of us just need to grant God access to the gluttony that makes us eat out every night...the covetousness that makes us want to buy the cutest shoes and the nicest purse...the poor stewardship that makes us get our hair and nails done before paying the tithes. Yes, give Him access to the SOURCE...your heart! Instead of praying for weight loss, "Lord, deal with my laziness. Help me to be a better steward over this temple. Grant me wisdom to know how to care for this body." Openness to the Father must come before He can restore HOLINESS in the vessel.

To God be the glory!

No comments: