Sunday, January 23, 2005

Because of the Lord's Mercies...

Praise the Lord! I am so excited to serve such an awesome God! This morning, I was able to wake up, spend time with my family, take a warm shower, put on a nice suit, get into my car, and go to the house of worship to praise my God. My Pastor preached an awesome message. I praised God in the dance and in song. What an awesome experience I had.

Now, I think about all those who were not able to enjoy half the things I so often take for granted. How many people did not wake up this morning? How many wanted to spend time with family, but can't make a phone call or pay a visit? How many don't have running water? How many women don't have clothes for themselves nor their children. How many Christians in this world cannot go to a public place of worship for fear of their own lives? My God, you are so merciful towards us. We are so blessed for every opportunity to live life and serve our Father!

Lamentations 3:21-23
21. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23. They are new every morning: great is they faithfulness.

God, I thank you for your mercies. Each day, you allow us to start anew - a new opportunity to experience your goodness and give you praise. Lord, let us not forget all that you've done, all that you are doing, all that you will do, in Jesus' name. Great is your faithfulness, O God!

In this life, it is so easy to get bored with the mundane or discouraged with the disappointments we sometimes experience. Nevertheless, we must remember that God will not put more on us that we can bear (1 Cor 10:13). When we experience these feelings, we must recall, or remind ourselves of God's daily mercies. Saints of God, we cannot afford to take God's goodness for granted. Neither can we afford to waste our lives as we stand by broke, busted and disgusted! It is only because of God's grace, because of his mercies, that we are not consumed. Our sins, our feelings, our pasts, bad habits and lustful thoughts could easily destroy us, BUT GOD! Our Father sees fit to supply us with new mercies for each new day. Jesus Christ has already paid the price for all of us. His death on the cross was enough to cover our sins and heal our diseases. If He never does another thing, He's already done enough! Isn't it good to know that even after that, we have a daily dose of mercy with each new morning? Hallelujah!

Whenever you feel down or discouraged, recall or remember, what God has done and is doing in your life. Meditate on His goodness, His kindness, His mercy. Suddenly, life won't seem so boring. Suddenly, you won't feel so depressed. Suddenly, you will have HOPE. He is truly worthy of your praise. Hallelujah!

No comments: