Saturday, February 24, 2007

Discipleship Ministry

We who claim to be disciples of Christ and joint heirs with Jesus - why have we forsaken the complete scope of ministry? God has given me an assignment, and I must share this with all those who will travel in ministry THIS YEAR.

This is the Word of instruction, because God has not been pleased, as He said before, with "incomplete ministry." We are going from pulpit to pulpit, but neglecting much of the assignment. Hear the instruction of the LORD. As I read this Scripture, He spoke so clearly. I must take heed to this assignment, and know it applies to many others as well. If it convicts you, please adhere...

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
God has sent us to minister to the lost sheep of Israel. In other words, there are some in the family of God who are still lost. Evangelism must be restored, but the prophetic must begin to flow freely again as well. We must realize there are many in the Church who are lost. They must be addressed. No more pumping up. No more pep rallied. Deal with the sin! Deal with the disobedience. Put the egos down. We must start calling sin sin. Stop stroking those who are out of order just because they carry a title or have an auxiliary in the church. God said we are offending Him in our effort not to offend others.

Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Where is the simple Gospel? We must return to teaching that we must seek first the Kingdom of God. Then, all other things will be added. How many prosperity conferences must we have? How many more prayer meetings for healing or fish fries and fund-raisers? Where is the worship. No more creating empty services just to raise a dollar or say "we had church." Preach the Word God commands. Add nothing to it and take nothing away.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Return to that which God has given us power to do. We must operate in faith. God's house needs physical cleaning. There are some demons that have come in, and we've allowed them to stay. We have accepted sickness, disease, demonic oppression. Then, when we do render or seek healing, there is a charge. These things should not be so. No more charging or paying for a word. Who will serve Me without pay or reputation? God is restoring power to the Body of Christ. He told me, "If my people will only operate in faith, I will do what I said. The power has been provided. My signs and wonders will follow those who believe." God has commanded me to begin laying hands on the sick again. He's commanded me to engage in spiritual warfare like never before on behalf of my brothers and sisters. Not only that, but when the signs and wonders return, there will be no books...no huge conferences. There shall be no profit as a result. THIS DAY, God has reminded us of the power that lies within, to those with a pure motive.

Mat 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
Mat 10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
When God says "GO", we must go in this season. It's time to walk in a new level of faith. Money shall no longer be a hindrance. God says He is removing the obstacles for those who have a heart to serve, but have surrendered to circumstances. I hear God saying, FAVOR. I have been praying, even about my job. My schedule has hindered me from doing things I believe God assigned me to do. God said that even that season is passing. He is providing divine favor in situations such as this, but it still requires faith. I still need to have the faith to request that vacation time. Some of us still need to have the faith to reserve that plane flight. God WILL PROVIDE for His own work.

Along those same lines, God said we must learn to receive. He causes MEN to give into our bosom, but we must be willing to receive. God said many of us are lacking because we refused the help He sent. The word says the workman is WORTHY OF HIS MEAT. Look for people to bless you - even your enemies. God even showed me that when their motives are wrong, we are still not to refuse unless He expressly commands us to do so. "How else can the wealth of the wicked by laid up for the righteous?" I'm guilty. I have refused many gifts because I felt they were insults. I felt they were given in spite rather than love, so I refused. No more.

Mat 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
City-wide influence. God dealt with me about something. He said, "Joy, I don't send a prophet to impact one house and leave. My prophets impact cities, states and nations." Too many of us are traveling to minister to one church and one group of people. God said, when we get to a city, we are to ask questions. We need to know who else dwells there. I see God making provision for His people to minister in multiple places within one trip. I am praying for even more clarification and instruction in this regard.


TRUE DISCIPLESHIP MINISTRY. Will you heed the call in this season?

No comments: