Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pressing Past Offense in the Prophetic

I have truly gleaned from all God has been saying, through the Prophets, about true worship. I am learning so much, and hearing God speak over and over about how He wants our worship to come forth. This morning, I couldn't help but meditate even more on how true worshippers must be able to receive godly correction. Those who worship Him must do so in Spirit and in TRUTH.

The Word tells us that God chastises whom He loves, yet we tend to get so offended and hurt whenever correction comes our way. Sometimes it can be difficult, but I am able to accept the fact that I don't have it all together. I make mistakes, and some of them may cause me to feel some pain. I may be embarrassed behind some of them, or even insulted at the rebuke that comes forth. What I must do is learn to accept it and refuse to give up. We must always PRESS PAST OUR QUALIFICATION.

I was reading a Scripture this afternoon that I've been meditating on ever since. I was thinking of one of my recent rebukes. It made me a little angry and certainly made my flesh uncomfortable. Yet, I swallowed it and said, "OK, God. I just have to get it right." Yes, it hurt. Even more than the rebuke itself was the way God chose to deliver it. Yes, I had to deal with the flesh. I had to look past the person and hear the voice of God. Then, all I could say was "Ouch" and "Yes, Lord." It was true.

Oh saints, if we could just stop getting mad and dismissing the Word. Who cares how it comes or who it comes through? If it applies, fix it. Let God deal with the person if there is anything to be dealt with.

Anyway, I was reading this Scripture and noticed how Jesus rebuked the woman. Not only that, but He really insulted her. The strange thing is that she didn't go around and tell everyone how mean Jesus was to her. She didn't try to rebuke Him or correct Him for the "delivery" of His message. She didn't even argue. She accepted what He said. She knew she wasn't worthy. She knew she had no right to approach Him. In essence, she said, "Yes Lord, but I want more of YOU. I need YOU." She took it, and STAYED, so she was blessed. She took the blow, but continued to bow down, so she was blessed! Ah, what would she have missed if she allowed OFFENSE to rise up?

No, I'm not giving prophets a green light to be ugly, mean and hateful. I'm just encouraging us not to give so much attention to the messenger. Take the message and seek the Father. How is it that we allow God's rhema Word to be the very thing that turns us farther from Him. I'M GUILTY! I have received prophetic words that made me so angry, I immediately became bitter and moved into gossip, rebellion and strife. Yet, the Word was true! Yes, we must discern every word, and yes we must be careful about who speaks over us, but if we allow the Word to "search us", as my Pastor often says, and it is found to be true, take it, fix it, and continue to PRESS IN.

Matt 15:22 And behold, a woman who was a Canaanite from that district came out and, with a [loud, troublesomely urgent] cry, begged, Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is miserably {and} distressingly {and} cruelly possessed by a demon!
Matt 15:23 But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, Send her away, for she is crying out after us.
Matt 15:24 He answered, I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matt 15:25 But she came and, kneeling, worshiped Him and kept praying, Lord, help me!
Matt 15:26 And He answered, It is not right (proper, becoming, or fair) to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs.
Matt 15:27 She said, Yes, Lord, yet even the little pups (little whelps) eat the crumbs that fall from their [young] masters' table.
Matt 15:28 Then Jesus answered her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you wish. And her daughter was cured from that moment.

No comments: