Sunday, February 27, 2005

Are You Worthy to be Considered?


I attended a conference this weekend that completely blew my mind. I was blessed with the opportunity to meet some powerful women of God, who are building ministries and bringing the lost into the Kingdom of God. I learned so much over a brief two days, and had an experience like no other. Yet, one thing that was said sticks out in my mind.

"Are you worthy to be considered?"

This question was asked by one of the women who ministered. When God and the devil had their conversation and made an agreement at the beginning of the Book of Job, satan did not suggest that Job be the subject of temptation. Neither did Job volunteer. In fact, it was God who said, "Have you considered my servant, Job?"

Job walked upright before God, and was such a holy man that he immediately came to God's mind when satan attempted to challenge God. Not only did God put faith in Job to accept and conquer the challenge, but He also protected him. He limited what satan could do, and even restored all that was lost in the battle.

"Are you worthy to be considered?"

My God, that is such a loaded question. I want to be worthy of consideration. I want God to be able to trust me. I want my Father to have confidence in me. I want to be so precious to Him, that He will stand up and call me by name when satan comes, knowing that I will not bow to temptation. The best thing about our Father is that He already does all this and more. I have not been as holy as Job was, yet the Lord still called me. I would probably lose my mind if I lost my entire family and all my belongings in one single day. Yet, He has promised that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Isn't God good! Hallelujah!

One thing is for sure. I praise God for the blood of Jesus. His blood means that God doesn't require a resume in order to serve me or allow me to serve. Nevertheless, I want to add a few credentials, just in case He takes a peak. I want to add to the Kingdom of God and grow on a daily basis. I want to know that God can depend on me, and that I can stand in the day of adversity. After all, to whom much is given, much is required.

AMEN

No comments: